
I think that Steve enjoyed his very first Fathers Day! We all had a great day of family time. We started out the day by going to church. Then, we drove to Charlotte so Steve could eat his favorite meal...ribs at Sonny's BBQ. Next, we went to Steve's favorite store in the world, Bass Pro Shop. We then came home and went swimming. The day ended with Steve rocking Hailey to sleep. Such a sweet end to the day!
Steve is such a wonderful father! I always knew that he would be a great dad, but actually seeing him with our baby girl and the way he takes care of her, just fills me with so much joy.
In church today, the youth pastor showed us a video of neighborhood kids that come to our church on Wednesday nights. He had interviewed them and asked them what they would change about their relationship with their father. It was so sad to hear so many of them say that they wish that their dads would have just been around. I think that sometimes I get so used to the "perfect life" that I have, that I forget how truly blessed I am. Steve and I both have wonderful fathers who love us and have always been there for us. God blessed us, by putting us both in Christian homes with parents who love the Lord and taught us about Him. I was reminded of how thankful I should be.


1 comment:
Jenny,
You're so good with words. Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment