Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Thankfulness

This post about me. I feel like God has really been working in my life and I just wanted somewhere to express my feelings about it.

For the last , probably year or so, Steve and I (probably mainly me) have been REALLY wanting to buy a house. We have been trying to save money and it seems like the timing has never been right. God blessed us with Hailey in February, which made me WANT a house even more, but with the expenses of a new baby, the reality seemed even further away. I have been struggling and struggling, almost to the point of obsessing over wanting a house. I would pray that God would let us buy a house. While we were in Ohio last week, Dave and Megan (my brother and sister in law, Steve's sister) gave us a book called The Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey. It talks about being smart with money and sacrificing some of our wants we have now to have a better future. Then, yesterday in my devotions, I read in Matthew 7 where it says "If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give what is good to those who ask him!" This verse really spoke to me and told me that God is my Father and He knows what is best for me and will give us what we need. The 26 years that I have been alive, I can not rememeber a time being in NEED of something...God has ALWAYS provided! I need to be thankful for all the blessings that God has given to me and know that if He so wills, one day we will live in a house, but until then our 2 bedroom (pretty nice, I think) townhouse we live in will be perfect for us!

Ok...thats it! :)

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Beautiful job expressing yourself today. I've really enjoyed reading the book as well, & was wondering if any of the other siblings had picked it up yet. I'm so proud of your & Steve with how disciplined you are with what God has given you...& you're happy! I'm believing for you guys that in God's perfect timing you'll be in a house of your own!