Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, August 29, 2008

"Goodnight Moon"


Every night I have the same routine with Hailey at bedtime. I give her a bath, get her in her pajamas, give her a bottle, read to her, pray, and lay her down in her crib. Some nights I read her a couple books, but I always end with "Goodnight Moon." Lately, she has been smilling every time I read the first line "In the great green room, there was a telephone and a red balloon and a picture of..." Well, tonight Hailey fell asleep while she was drinking her bottle. I decided to still continue on with the normal routine, so I got out "Goodnight Moon" and began to read to this little sleeping baby in my arms. As I read the first line, her eyes were closed and a HUGE smile spreads across her face! It was so precious! It made my night and I just wanted to share.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

awwwh! That's on of Ellie's favorite still...I need to start reading with Saedi.