Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

A New Groove

It is hard to believe that Hailey will be one next month! This year has been full of so much joy for us. I know it will only get better as the years go by.

Here are a few facts on Hailey at 11 months.

* She loves to pull up on anything and everything in the house.

* She has started to stand without support, but still hasn't taken any steps on her own. I know that will be right around the corner though!

* Her favorite game to play is chase daddy and mommy through the kitchen.

* She loves for us to sneak up on her and scare her. She lets the biggest giggle out!

* Her favorite food is toast.

* She loves to curl up and watch Veggie Tales Silly Songs.

* She has learned the meaning of "no" but hasn't quite mastered the obeying part!

We don’t have a lot to complain about when it comes to Hailey. She is a great little girl.


Some more news in our lives is that I got a job! I feel like God had this job waiting just for me. It is a preschool teacher at the center about ½ a mile down the street from us. It literally takes me 2 minutes to get there. My hours are 9:00-2:00, which is perfect! Steve gets enough sleep in the morning, he then takes care of her until 2:00. We eat lunch together and he heads off to work. I am a teacher in the infant room, which I LOVE! I really think this is perfect for me. It will help us meet some of our goals for the future and I am so happy that I am able to help out in that way. Also, being away from Hailey helps me appreciate her in a new way. I think this will be good for us as a family.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Congrats on the new job, Jenny! That is such a blessing that it works out so well for your schedules. Hope you love it!

Michelle said...

Exciting! All of it...Hailey's accomplishments and your new job. Praise God!